Finalists announced for AHA NSW awards
The Australian Hotels Association NSW (AHA NSW) has released the finalist lists for the upcoming Awards for Excellence, including the venues in the running for Hotel of the Year City and Country.
Over 600 nominations were recived for the Awards for Excellence this year across 50 categories. Pubs were nominated from all over New South Wales. AHA NSW CEO John Whelan said the Awards for Excellence showcase what the best hotels across the state have to offer.
“This is a night to celebrate innovation and quality in the hotel industry,” he said.
“From the ‘people awards’ like Industry Rising Star and Chef of the Year to the popular food categories like Best Restaurant and Best Casual Dining, the award finalists and winners really are the best in the business. I would like to congratulate all finalists on their achievements and recognise the hard-work that goes into running an award-winning venue.”
There are 14 finalists in the running for the Hotel of the Year – City award. They are:
- Buena Vista Hotel, Mosman
- Coogee Bay Hotel, Coogee
- Crows Nest Hotel, Crows Nest
- Longueville Hotel, Lane Cove
- Northies, Cronulla
- Rose of Australia, Erskineville
- Royal Hotel, Randwick
- The Paddington Inn, Paddington
- The Port Darling Harbour, Sydney
- The Prince Hotel, Kirrawee
- The Royal Hotel, Paddington
- The Royal Hotel, Leichhardt
- Union Hotel, North Sydney
- Woollahra Hotel, Woollahra
In the Hotel of the Year – Country category, there are nine finalists:
- Headlands Austinmer Beach, Austinmer
- Kooringal Hotel, Wagga Wagga
- Moonee Beach Tavern, Moonee Beach
- O’Donoghue’s Irish Pub, Emu Plains
- Oxford Hotel, Bathurst
- Seabreeze Hotel, Nelsons Bay
- Settlers Inn, Port Macquarie
- Sydney Junction Hotel, Hamilton
- The Bayview, Woy Woy
- The Kent Hotel, Hamilton
The Awards for Excellence ceremony will be held at The Star on 21 November. A full list of all the finalists can be found here.