Retail Drinks and LMG offer discounted membership
Retail Drinks Australia and Liquor Marketing Group (LMG) have announced details of an exclusive membership offer, available to all LMG members to join as members of Retail Drinks.
With LMG already a current banner member of Retail Drinks, all LMG members can already become members of Retail Drinks for a discounted price of $400 + GST per annum. However the new agreement between the two groups means the fee will be further reduced to $200 + GST per annum, thanks to a 50 per cent co-contribution from LMG.
In a joint letter to LMG member Retail Drinks and LMG highlighted some of the services and benefits of becoming a Retail Drinks, including:
- HR Adviser – Newly launched, in-house, tailored and on-demand advice and support on all staffing and HR-related issues from Retail Drinks’ dedicated Member Hotline (1300 451 213)including wage rate information, recruitment, employment contracts, managing high performingand low performing employees, staff entitlements and workplace health and safety.
- Legal Advice & Support – We offer members FREE over-the-phone legal advice and support across a broad range of areas, including: Employment Law & Workplace Relations, Leasing &Tenancy, Fair Trading & Consumer Law, as well as Liquor Licensing Regulations.
- Business Insurance Program – On average, significant reductions on the cost of annual insurance premiums of typically between 15 and 20 per cent compared to premiums from traditionalbrokers, and in many cases with better coverage.
- Retail Drinks Industry Awards Program – Participation in Retail Drinks’ national Industry Awards Program recognising retailers’ outstanding efforts in providing exceptional customer service,product knowledge and professionalism.
- Professional Development Tools – Access to educational tools and resources such as the Liquor Retailer Handbook to assist members manage their businesses more effectively.
- Industry Training – discounted access to a range of classroom and online training modules including Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and Licensee and Advanced Licensee Training (NSW).
- Industry Updates – regular communication of important industry information including updates on retailers’ various regulatory and legislative changes, and the impact on liquor retailers.
- Networking and Educational Opportunities – Attendance at a range of annual events providing members with excellent educational and networking opportunities.
The letter also said: “In addition to discounts and benefits through Retail Drinks’ member services offering, LMG Members taking advantage of this offer will also be directly supporting Retail Drinks’ lobbying and advocacy activities with governments at a local, state and Federal level throughout Australia.
“As well advocating directly on the industry’s behalf with government, Retail Drinks also provides liquor retailers with representation across a variety of pan-industry bodies including Alcohol Beverages Australia (ABA) and DrinkWise.
“It is critical for Retail Drinks to have a strong and diverse member footprint to ensure that it is an effective voice to advocate on the industry’s behalf so that positive policy outcomes are achieved.”
The optional discounted offer is only available to LMG members, and anyone interested in becoming a Retail Drinks member should contact the association on (02) 8335 3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.