AHA WA reveals hospitality award winners
2019 AHA (WA) Bankwest Hospitality Supplier and Legends of Hospitality Awards crowns winners.
The winners were acknowledged and celebrated at the Cleanaway-AHA Gala Dinner, held at the Crown Towers Ballroom earlier this week.
Australian Hotels Association (WA) CEO Bradley Woods said this year’s awards ceremony included, for the first time, official recognition of WA’s ‘Legends of Hospitality’ – individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the hospitality industry and their local community.
“Western Australia’s hospitality industry has evolved remarkably in recent years and this transformation has been largely driven by industry suppliers whose commitment to innovation and excellence is unparalleled,” Woods said.
“The state’s hospitality sector is underpinned by hundreds of small, medium and large companies with highly motivated and dedicated staff who constantly strive to exceed customer’s expectations.
“The success and growth of the hospitality industry is reliant on the delivery of high quality goods and services as well as strong relationships between those suppliers, hotels and hospitality venues.
“Western Australia’s hospitality industry has benefitted greatly from a small number of individual owners and operators who have made a substantial contribution to advancing and developing the sector – it was fitting that these individuals were recognised through the inaugural Legends of Hospitality Awards.”
The awards saw Gage Roads Brewing Co named as WA’s Best Beer Supplier, the first time an independent brewer has been given the award.
Gage Roads Brewing’s Managing Director John Hoedemaker says it’s a fantastic result.
“We’re extremely proud to be recognised as WA’s best beer supplier,” he said.
“Gage Roads Brewing and Good Drinks has had an exceptional year of growth and success, and this award highlights that.
“The Hospitality Supplier Awards are voted by the local West Australian hospitality industry, which makes the award even more special.
“As a business, we are thankful to all our customers and consumers who continue to support Gage Roads Brewing and Good Drinks.”
The 2019 Ross McGovern Hospitality Industry Achievement Award was presented to Andrew Jones in recognition of his unique contribution as one of WA’s leading hospitality suppliers over a number of decades.
The full list of winners:
ROSS MCGOVERN HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Andrew Jones
LEGENDS OF HOSPITALITY AWARDS
- Stephen Clarke
- Chris Taylor
- Harbans Singh Chouhan
- Andy Freeman
- Hamish Fleming & Siobhan Blumann
- Gary Beadle
Category: Pubs, taverns & hospitality venues
- Chris Angelkov
- Joe Fisher
- Paul & Jo Higgins
- Murray McHenry
- Bree Maddox
PRODUCT & SERVICE BUSINESS AWARDS
- Non Alcohol Beverage Supplier Award – Coca-Cola Amatil
- Beer Supplier Award – Gage Roads Brewing Co. – Good Drinks
- Wine Supplier Award – Off the Vine Distributors
- Spirit Supplier Award – Liquid Mix
- Food Supplier Award – Mondo Di Carne
- Hospitality Product Supplier Award – Chefmaster Australia
- Hospitality Furniture Supplier Award – Furniture Options
- Hospitality Equipment Supplier Award – HiscoNFE
- Hospitality Technology Provider Award – 21st Century Business Equipment
- Hospitality Service Provider Award – Bankwest and Hospitality Group Training
PRODUCT AND PROMOTION AWARDS
- On Premise Beverage Promotion Award – Carlton & United Breweries – Carlton Dry State of Origin “Let the Game Decide”
- Bottleshop Promotion Award – Lion Beer Australia – Iron Jack – Buy a case, receive a $25 ARB voucher
- New Alcoholic Beverage Product Award – Lion Beer Australia – Furphy Refreshing Ale
- New Non Alcoholic Beverage Product Award – Red Bull Australia – Organics by Red Bull Bitter Lemon
- New Hospitality Product Award – HiscoNFE
WA’S BEST SUPPLIER AWARDS
- Best Accommodation Hotel Supplier – PAV Complete Event Solutions
- Best Restaurant Supplier – Sealanes
- Best Small Bar Supplier – Liquid Mix
- Best Pub & Hospitality Venue Supplier – Lion Beer Australia