Bacardi Legacy reveals is Australian Top Eight
Bacardi Legacy has selected its Top Eight bartenders from Australia, who will now head to the National Semi-Final taking place at Maybe Sammy in Sydney on November 12.
Bacardi Brand Ambassadors Loy Catada, Georgie Mann and Peter Hollands have selected the Top Eight after reviewing the top 30 entries from around the country – making each drinks and reviewing each recipe video.
The trio judged each of those top 30 entries against a set criteria which includes taste, aroma, innovation and inspiration.
The Top Eight bartenders are:
- Adam Dow – Dead Ringer – Sydney
- Bec Bayley – Brooklyn Standard – Brisbane
- Lachlan Gunner – Grandma’s Bar – Sydney
- Leroy Martin-McEwen – The Gresham – Brisbane
- Mikey Braun – Bodriggy Brew Pub – Melbourne
- Natalie Ng – Door Knock – Sydney
- Rachael Hand – Bomba Rooftop – Melbourne
- Savannah Williams-Piper – The Boom Boom Room – Brisbane
Speaking about the top 30 entries, Catada said: “They were very passionate, the drinks were positively delicious, and their preparation and enthusiasm for the competition came across in every video.”
The semi-final will see each of the Top Eight present their Legacy cocktail to the judges as well as the original Bacardi Daiquiri. The evening will see the Top Three announced, they will go into the National Final, taking place in February next year, where they will compete for a spot in the Global Final, which next year is taking place in Miami.
The Top Three will also be mentored by dedicated Brand Ambassadors who will help them to promote their cocktail and forge a place in Australia’s cocktail industry.