Cider Australia’s new President steps into the role
Cider Australia’s new President, Warwick Billings, has started in his new role after Sam Reid stepped down after six and a half years as President.
Billings of Lobo Cider in the Adelaide Hills officially became the new President on 1 January having joined the Executive team in 2014 as Vice President and chair of the policy and technical working group. He more recently also took on the role of Chief Steward of the Australian Cider Awards.
“I am proud to have led the charge to establish a sustainable craft cider category in Australia, navigating the ongoing challenge of policy and legislative reform while establishing a marketable 100% Australian Grown cider brand,” said Reid.
“Joining forces with Wine Australia through the Export and Regional Wine Support Package Cider Program has been a highlight over the past few years and has enabled our vision for the industry to come to life.
“I feel the industry is now at a point where people recognise and value quality Australian craft ciders, and that is immensely rewarding.”
Reid added: “Warwick is astute and highly motivated and I and the Executive team have great confidence that his guidance will serve the industry well.
“Warwick has been making fantastic, interesting ciders for some time now and is well placed to continue to take us cider tragics on a great journey into the future.”
Incoming President Billing’s acknowledged Reid’s achievements in uniting the industry and educating and inspiring others to embrace Australian craft cider.
The new Cider Australia Executive Committee is:
- President – Warwick Billings, LOBO Cider (SA)
- Vice President – Gus Kelly, Kelly Bros Cider (VIC)
- Secretary – Richard Feyn, Sydney Brewery (NSW_
- Treasurer – Shane McLaughlin, Hillbilly Cider (NSW)
- Category Development – Andrew Carruthers, Carmel Cider (WA)
- Digital – Mark Ellis, Pobblebonk Cider Works (VIC)
- Committee members – Jo-Anne Fahey (Darkes Cider, NSW), Doug Inwood (3
- Sons Cider, ACT), Tim Jones (RDS Partners, TAS), Peter Ross (Incy Wincy Cyder, NSW)