Drinks Industry Show to push profitability and Asia opportunities
The Drinks Industry Show, which takes place at Dockside near Sydney’s Darling Harbour on June 18 and 19, will feature a number of workshops, tastings and panel discussions for the trade.
Increased profitability and opportunities into Asia are just two of the focuses of the workshops and Event Director, David Paterson, said the program had been designed around discussions with the industry and that the show will feature experts from across the trade.
“We are delighted to announce our workshop program for 2018, which has been designed based on industry feedback and requirements,” Paterson said.
The show’s workshop sessions include:
- Path to Profit – Jane Challinor, a leading Australian business advisor, will give her insights and advise hospitality businesses on how to increase their profitability;
- Opportunities and Challenges into Asia – Covering designing, branding, marketing and distributing drinks, a panel of experts will talk through their successes in launching business into China;
- Hook, Line & Sinker – Monica Rosenfeld, MD of Wordstorm PR will share her tips and best practice on identifying newsworthy angles to get your hospitality business in the headlines;
- Industry Associations – Senior executives from a number of key industry bodies will describe how they support members and advocate for a sustainable industry.
Paterson added: “This year, for the first time, we will also be adding a pairing station, with three sessions run each day. The presenters we have recruited are all acknowledged experts in their fields and will bring a great depth to these fabulous sessions in sharing their thought processes and knowledge.
“Because we want attendees to be able get a lot out of these great opportunities, we’re limiting each session to 25 people. It will be first-come, first-served, so attendees will need to get in early to avoid disappointment.”
Those three sessions are:
- Beer: run by Richard Feyn of Sydney Brewery
- Gin cocktails: run by Ben Davidson of Bespoke Drinks (also the event’s curator)
- Whisky: run by James Buntin of The Whisky Ambassador
Davidson will additionally host five intimate category tastings.
Mr Paterson said: “These special sessions will give buyers the chance to taste the latest product in gin, whisky, mezcal and rum. It’s an opportunity where they can delve more deeply into new and trending products and what’s coming onto the market that their customers are looking for.
“Also, The Distilled Spirits Council, the national trade association representing leading producers and marketers of distilled spirits in the USA, will host a very special master class, showcasing the top products that nation has to offer. The Council has a partnership with the 2018 Drinks Industry Show, so this is a great opportunity to be among the first to taste these American products Down Under.
“Additionally, no drinks event would be complete without a networking function and we are delighted to deliver not one, but two and look forward to seeing the trade out en masse.”
Registrations are now open for this event through the 2018 Drinks Industry Show website.