Gifting beers to essential service workers
Brisbane based social enterprise, The Good Beer Co, has teamed up with independent breweries across Australia to give people the chance to gift beer to essential service workers.
The campaign is called ‘A Good Beer Always Helps’ and lets people thank those working in essential services with a four pack of beer and a message of support. Gift orders are taken through the Good Beer Co web portal here, and are fulfilled by the partner brewery in that state, which are the following:
- NSW: Modus Operandi Brewing
- Vic: Stomping Ground Brewing Co
- QLD: Newstead Brewing Co
- ACT: Capital Brewing Co
- SA: Sparkke
- WA: Otherside Brewing Co
- Tas: Van Diemen Brewing
For those that don’t drink alcohol, there is also the option to gift Sobah non-alcoholic craft beer.
Co-founder of the Good Beer Co, James Grugeon, said the campaign is a win-win, showing thanks for essential services and also supporting local craft brewers.
“The good people working in our essential services have always been there for us and right now they are keeping our country going. ‘A Good Beer Always Helps’ is about showing them how much we appreciate them,” said Grugeon.
The breweries involved were specially selected for the campaign as they share the same values and commitment to “doing good with good beer.”
Sparkke Co-founder Kari Allen said: “Sparkke is a for purpose beer company, so when James approached us and asked us if we would like to be involved we jumped at the chance.
“To be able to say thank you in a tangible way to health workers is really important right now. Yes, we’re doing it tough at the moment – but being part of an effort to express our gratitude to the people keeping us safe, is really good for our morale. And of course, the sales support is just so valuable to us.”
You can donate a four pack and leave your message of support by going to: https://bit.ly/agoodbeeralwayshelps
Essential service workers can register here to receive beer and a support message. The Good Beer Co said they will be working with organisations and unions to make sure the good will (and beer) makes it to the right place, including to the following people:
- Hospital and healthcare facility workers (from our pharmacists to our nurses and doctos to our admin, allied health, ward assistants and cleaners)
- Emergency services workers (our police, fire and ambos and their support teams)
- Aged care facility and home care workers
- School teachers and school workers
- Supermarket workers
- Truck drivers and other essential transport logistics workers
- Hotel workers assisting people in quarantine
- Child safety officers
- Postal workers
- Waste management, recycling crews, cleaning and sanitation crews
- And other workers providing frontline services