How you can help Melbourne’s bars
As Melbourne’s bars face another six weeks, at least, before they can welcome patrons again, now more than ever they need our help.
Whether it’s merchandise, bottled cocktails or gift vouchers many bars have offerings that people around Australia can take up and give some much needed cashflow. Every little bit helps and if we all stand together and all do our bit it can make a huge difference.
Here’s a look at some bars that are offering national delivery options. I’ll admit this list is not definitive, but it’s a starting point. If you’ve ever been to Melbourne and had an awesome time in an amazing bar, look it up, see if it is are delivering, see if it’s doing gift vouchers and give these bars some support and love.
We’re all in this together, so let’s love Melbourne.
Here’s some place you can help:
- Meals for Hospo– The COVID-19 Employee Assistance Directive produces a range of chef-cooked, pre-packaged meals which are then distributed via contact-less delivery (within a 20km radius of the Melbourne CBD). All meals are free of charge. The team of volunteers cook, pack, and deliver 2000–3000 meals per week to unemployed hospitality workers, offering some relief and support in the form of nourishing meals and essential care packs.
- Donate at the COVID-19 EAD Go Fund Me page here
- Bar Americano– a range of bottled cocktails available nationwide
- Beneath Driver Lane– a range of bottled cocktails available nationwide
- Black Pearl– a range of bottled cocktails and gift vouchers available nationwide
- Byrdi– a range of bottled cocktails and spirits available nationwide
- Ends and Means– canned cocktails available, merch coming soon
- Harley House– bar merch on offer
- Hospo Threads– sells Merch and lists venues across Australia, including plenty in Melbourne
- Romeo Lane– packaged cocktails and gift vouchers
- The Everleigh Bottling Co– Bottled cocktails, gift sets and cocktail glassware
- Whisky and Alement– Drams, spirits, Boilermakers, gift packs and vouchers
Contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’d like to be added to this list and I’ll update it regularly.