LSA NSW & ACT elects its board for 2018
The Liquor Stores Association NSW & ACT (LSA) held its 2017 Annual General Meeting in Sydney this week, and elected its new Board of Management for 2018.
The AGM also saw LSA Executive Director Michael Waters deliver the association’s annual report highlight some of the main successes and activities over the course of the last year.
“A few of LSA’s key activities and achievements this past year include: the ACT Licence Fee campaign, which led to a 75 per cent reduction in fees proposed; amendments to the State-wide 10pm take-away liquor sales restriction; pragmatic reforms to the Three Strikes & Minor Sanctions Disciplinary Schemes; and long-awaited changes to the Retail Trading Act, levelling the playing field to allow all liquor retailers across NSW to trade on Boxing Day,” Waters said.
“We also launched five new member services, and the Working ‘On’ Your Business Forum & Expo, which joins our Awards, and The Regulatory Panel as LSA’s three major annual industry events and although each event is different, serve a specific purpose in supporting the needs and interests of our growing, diverse membership.”
Waters also reported that total membership grew by 2.4 per cent and across all categories for the 2016-17 financial year.
In terms of the new board, Alisha Clifford (Murwillumbah Cellars) was elected as LSA’s newest board member, coming on board as a Country Member, to represent the Northern NSW Region.
Also elected into new positions were Con Stamoulis (Corkscrew Cellars Darlinghurst) and Jon Harris (ALDI Stores), who were elected as Treasurer, and Vice President – Chain Retailer respectively.
The AGM also saw long-serving board member Michael Blore (Bungendore Cellars) step down after seven years.
LSA President Paul Heilman thanked Mr Blore for his many years of service and support of the Association and the Board, and wished him well as he focused on his second store in Bungendore, and to other projects.
LSA NSW & ACT 2018 Board of Management:
- President: Paul Heilman | Cellarbrations at Cowra
- Vice President, Independent Retailer (Metro): Andrew Stubbs | Vine, Providore of Fine Wine
- Vice President, Independent Retailer (Country): John Wilson | Liquor Legends Charnwood
- Vice President, Chain Retailer: Jon Harris | ALDI Stores
- Treasurer: Con Stamoulis | Corkscrew Cellars Darlinghurst
- Secretary: Michael Waters | Liquor Stores Association NSW & ACT
- Independent Retailer (Metro): Giuseppe Minissale | Porter’s Liquor Lansvale
- Independent Retailer (Metro): Scott Towers | Red Bottle Sussex Street
- Independent Retailer (Metro): Kate O’Brien | BottlO’Briens
- Independent Retailer (Metro): Mal Higgs | The Drink Hive
- Independent Retailer (Metro): Carolyn Zhang | Cellar Vie Turramurra
- Independent Retailer (Metro): David Short | Shorty’s Liquor CBD
- Independent Retailer (Country): John Owens | Fennell Bay Cellars
- Independent Retailer (Country): Steven Chambers | Chambers Cellars Bowral
- Independent Retailer (Country): Alisha Clifford | Murwillumbah Cellars
- Chain Retailer: James Scott-McKenzie | Endeavour Drinks Group