The Everleigh Bottling Co. release Melbourne Mixtape Vol. 2
The popular Melbourne Mixtape, which features bottled cocktails from some of the city’s best bars, is back and once again all proceeds are going directly to the bars.
Following the sell-out of Melbourne’s Mixtape Vol 1, Bar Margaux has joined the line-up, bringing the total number of cocktails to eight, at a price of $150. All proceeds for Melbourne Mixtape purchases will be split between the eight bars evenly.
Each pack contains single-serve cocktails from eight of Melbourne’s best bars, currently closed under Victoria’s Stage Four restrictions. These bars have obviously been hugely impacted by the continued restrictions in Melbourne and even when outdoor dining is allowed at the end of October, at the earliest, this won’t be relevant for the majority of these bars, so the more support they get now, the better.
The Mixtape Vol 2, is available through The Everleigh Bottling Co, and can be shipped to anywhere in Australia, so this really is your opportunity to help make sure these amazing bars are able to re-open when the Victoria Government finally allows it.
When Mixtape Vol 1 launched, Made in the Shade Director, Zara Madursan, told The Shout: “Everyone’s asking what they can do to support the Melbourne industry right now; what they can do to ensure their favourite bars make it to the other side of this.
“The unfortunate reality is that with prolonged closures under Stage Four, these venues must find alternative ways of continuing to make revenue in order to have a hope of surviving.
“While the Melbourne bars are already working hard to shift their offering to a delivery model, many are doing so with limited resources and a small team, not to mention local delivery partners still asking for 15 per cent commission. We know first-hand that it’s a tough slog for a marginal return.”
“By uniting eight of Melbourne’s best cocktail bars, we hope to express a shared need for support, from an industry that works so hard to cater for, and serve others.”
The bars and cocktails for Mixtape Vol 2 are:
- Mouton Noir
- Ingredients: Mancino Rosso, Amaro Montenegro, Creme de Mure, coconut, absinthe, sugar, & malic acid
- Serve in a rocks glass over ice and garnish with a lemon twist.
- Antica Fashionista
- Ingredients: House redistilled bourbon & rye whiskies with local & Mediterranean fruits, herbs and spices, house amari, smoked tea gum
- Enjoy in a tumbler, over ice with a lemon zest. Cin cin!
- Americano Perfecto
- Ingredients: Sweet vermouth and Campari topped with beer
- Chill cocktail bottle and pour into a rocks glass over ice. Top with ice cold beer (approx 120ml) and garnish with a slice of orange.
- Ingredients: Never Never Triple Juniper, Never Never Black Juniper Amaro, Marionette Curacao, Unico Zelo Yuzu Vermouth
- Enjoy in a cocktail glass, straight from the freezer, garnish with an orange twist.
- Wax Flower and White Chocolate G&T
- Ingredients: Gin, distilled white chocolate and Geraldton wax tonic
- Serve chilled.
- Sherry Cobbler
- Ingredients: Fino, bourbon, fermented blood orange, salt
- Serve in a rocks glass over ice, garnish with lemon zest.
- Ingredients: Havana 7yr rum, Cocchi Torino sweet vermouth, Luxardo maraschino, housemade blackberry cordial & Angostura bitters
- Serve chilled, in a martini glass with a rye cracker and blackberry jam.
- Ingredients: Gin, dry vermouth, & orange bitters
- Serve ice cold in a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or olive.
So get on-board and help these venues survive, head to The Everleigh Bottling Co to find out more and order your Melbourne Mixtape Vol 2 now.
Image Credit: Tash Sorensen