Record ProWein attendance exceeds 40,000 visitors
By James Wells at ProWein in Düsseldorf
ProWein has established itself as the leading wine and spirits trade fair with a new record of over 40,000 trade visitors as well as 3,930 exhibitors from over 50 countries.
The increased presence of Australian producers, including the return to the event by Wine Australia, was noted by event organisers Messe Düsseldorf alongside increased participation from France, Argentina, Chile and China.
Among the 300 spirits exhibitors was ProWein's first joint participation from Guizhou promoting the Chinese rice wine, Moutai.
"ProWein is an extremely professional and international event. We had many discussions with interested buyers from throughout the world and already now look forward to ProWein 2013," said Tracy Zhao, Deputy General Manager at Gui Zhou Guo Tai Liquor Ltd.
ProWein 2013 will be held from 24-26 March in Düsseldorf.
– 0ver 40,000 trade visitors for the first time ever, up from 39,034 visitors in 2011
– 3,930 exhibitors from 50 countries, up from 3,635 exhibitors in 2011
– 98% of visitors surveyed were satisifed with their visit to ProWein
– 94% of visitors surveyed had their objectives fully met
– 50% of visitors were international wholesale, retail and specialist retail buyers
– the second largest group of buyers was from the hotelier and restaurant trade
– over 80% of visitors are directly involved in purchase decision-making
– over 60% of visitors hold senior management positions
Click on the video below to hear from Richard Cochrane – trading director at Bibendum, – the European distributor for Lion Nathan Wines and Shottesbrooke: