2018 Melbourne International Wine Competition Entries Now Open
The Melbourne International Wine Competition (MIWC) is now taking wine submissions. Now in its fifth year, MIWC will be held in the heart of Melbourne on June 24-25, 2018.
MIWC sets itself apart with its judging panel – made up of real trade-only buyers who will judge wines by category and actual price. This is a great opportunity for established wines to reconnect with true trade buyers and for new wines to be discovered.
Benefits and Visibility
The MIWC will offer brand exposure in the following ways:
- All winning brands will be listed on the MIWC website with their image and link to their website
- The results of the MIWC will be promoted vigorously to trade and consumer media. Results will be published with our media sponsors and other trade and consumer media outlets
- Showcased at Prowein 2019.
- There is no charge for winning brands to use their winning award icon
- Each winner will receive a medal at no additional charge
- The media sponsors will be listing all awarded brands and profiling the top winners
Unlike other competitions, these expert trade-only judges have the ability to directly influence sales and a brand’s bottom line. These panelists are not involved for publicity or for their industry position as critics or members of the press. They are true decision makers, experts and willing supporters of the wine industry who have an authentic understanding of the business of buying and selling wine.
Who are the Judges?
This year’s judging panel includes:
- Bob Paulinski, MW, Head of Sourcing – Wine, Coles Liquor
- Bert Werden, Buyer and Director at WineStar
- Vanessa Green, Wine Director, Apples + Pears Entertainment Group
- Jamie Hay, Category Assistant – Dan Murphy’s Cellar
- Greg Fitzsimmons, Manager, Private Cellar/ Fine wine, Graysonline
- Kate Lawton, Senior Buyer at Vinomofo
- Christian Maier, Sommelier and Buyer, RACV Clubs and Resorts
- Luke Campbell, Head Buyer at Vinified Wine Services
- Peter Nixon, Dan Murphy’s Natural Fine Wine Manager
View the full list of judges here.
How To Enter
The competition will be held in Melbourne on June 24-25, 2018.
Wine organisations and those submitting 20 plus wines can contact MIWC directly for additional support. The cost to enter begins at AUD $100 online.
Where To Ship The Wines
Melbourne International Wine Competition
C/O Adam Levy
Liqor Logistics Pty Ltd
Unit 1, 365 Plummer Street
Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207