Philip Shaw Wines – Cellar Door Manager Orange, NSW
Philip Shaw Wines is renowned as one of Australia’s finest cool-climate wine producers. And Orange is New South Wales’ most vibrant and liveable inland city. The family’s newly completed 3ha., multi-million $ Cellar Door and Visitor Centre will be a focal point for visitors keen to experience the region’s finest wines, food and local produce in a magnificent setting.
This new role is an exceptional opportunity for a sales and hospitality professional to lead the development and running of the Orange region’s “must see” showpiece.
To succeed in this role you will need to be a proven, success-driven sales and hospitality professional who enjoys building relationships, and managing people.
Reporting to the company’s General Manager, this is a hands-on, senior management role whose key responsibilities will include:
· achieving and managing cellar door sales: onsite, online and on-premise
· overseeing the new restaurant and café
· managing the Koomooloo Crew & Shiralee Rd (member wine clubs)
· hosting wine tastings and events
· developing and maintaining effective communication channels with key opinion makers-locally, and in the Australian wine and tourism media.
You will need:
· at least 5 years’ management experience in hospitality or hospitality-based sales management,
· excellent personal presentation and communication skills
· a strong interest in food and wine
An existing range of wine and tourism media contacts is highly desirable.
Your expertise will make you a key member of the company’s close-knit family management team.
An excellent salary package, including vehicle allowance, a performance based bonus (and relocation costs, as appropriate) will be offered to the preferred candidate.