Australian organic wine recognised with world’s best
The International Organic Wine Awards has announced the medal winners for the Autumn 2020 edition.
The competition is exclusively for certified organic wines and judging is undertaken according to the acclaimed ‘PAR’ method. This is the 12th edition of the awards, with 2020 being the first year that there has been both a Spring and Autumn awards set.
Results from the Autumn 2020 edition feature several Australian wines, with most hailing from Angove Family Winemakers. Angove received two Top Gold Medals, seven Gold Medals and one Silver Medal.
Tony Ingle, Angove Chief Winemaker, said the positive results acknowledge the impact of their hard work and shows the value of organic wine practice.
“Making organic wine takes more effort in the vineyard and in the winery, with attention to detail being paramount at all phases,” Ingle said.
“In the vineyard the joy comes from seeing the new shoots emerge and the vine and earth really being alive and ripening the perfect crop. In the winery as we gently nurture the wines on their journey we take great delight in seeing consumers enjoying our wines.
“Awards such as these are acknowledgement that we are doing the right thing both for the planet and for our customers, driving us on a path of continual improvement and even greater sustainability.”
While Angove was the highest performing Australian wine in the awards, Australian winery Pure Vision also received a Gold Medal for its 2018 Rock My World Organic Syrah Cabernet Sauvignon, and the 2019 Turtle Dreaming Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz also came away with a Gold Medal.
The full list of Angove winning wines are below. You can browse all the results for Autumn 2020 of the International Organic Wine Awards here.
- Warboys Vineyard McLaren Vale Shiraz 2018 – Top Gold Medal
- Wild Olive Organic McLaren Vale Shiraz 2019 – Top Gold Medal
- Organic Shiraz Cabernet 2019 – Gold Medal
- Organic Cabernet Sauvignon 2019 – Gold Medal
- Organic Shiraz 2019 – Gold Medal
- Wild Olive Organic McLaren Vale Chardonnay 2019 – Gold Medal
- Organic Chardonnay 2020 – Gold Medal
- Organic Merlot 2019 – Gold Medal
- Organic Rose 2020 – Gold Medal
- Organic Pinot Grigio 2020 – Silver Medal